Public Citizen internships are available year round. Our summer internships are typically full time (40 hours a week for around eight weeks), although we have some flexibility as to hours and weeks. **We accept unpaid internship applications on a rolling basis and currently are accepting applications for paid internships for Summer 2021.**
Public Citizen offers unpaid internships (credit can be arranged) and a small number of paid internships ($15 an hour). To be considered for a paid internship for Summer 2021, candidates must apply by March 12, 2021, and submit materials listed below. Our fall internships are typically full time (40 hours a week for around eight weeks), although we have some flexibility as to hours and weeks. Chosen applicants will be notified by Monday, April 5, 2021.
Please read the internships descriptions below carefully. It will list which materials we need from you in your application. If you are applying for a paid internship, please include an essay outlining why you want to intern at Public Citizen and any other information about you that you wish to have considered, including your need for financial support (500 words or less). If you have completed the FAFSA, please also submit a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Advocacy Internship – Congress Watch
- Legal Internship – Congress Watch
- Communications Internship – Communications Department
- Energy – Research Internship
- Protect Democracy 2021 – President’s Office
- Global Trade Watch – General Internship
- Global Trade Watch – Field Organizing Internship
- Global Access to Medicines – General Internship
- Global Access to Medicines – Legal Patent Internship
- Medicare for All Organizing Internship
- Corporate Crime Research Internship
- Texas – Environmental Policy and Advocacy Internships
If you have a question or concern you can reach our Director of Human Resources and Administration, Sherry Joseph at HR@citizen.org.