Public Citizen internships are available year round. Our internships are up to 40 hours a week for around eight weeks. **We accept unpaid internship applications on a rolling basis and currently are accepting applications for paid internships for Summer 2023.**
Public Citizen offers unpaid internships (credit can be arranged) and a small number of paid internships ($16.50 an hour). To be considered for a paid internship for Summer 2023, candidates must apply by March 6, 2023, and submit materials listed below. Chosen applicants will be notified by Monday, April 3, 2023.
Please read the internships descriptions below carefully. It will list which materials we need from you in your application. If you are applying for a paid internship, please include an essay outlining why you want to intern at Public Citizen and any other information about you that you wish to have considered, including your need for financial support (500 words or less). If you have completed the FAFSA, please also submit a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Research Internship – Congress Watch
- Advocacy Internship – Congress Watch
- Legal Internship – Congress Watch
- Protect Democracy Fellow – Congress Watch
- Communications Internship – Communications Department
- Energy – Research Internship
- Climate Program- Legal Internship
- Protect Democracy 2022 – President’s Office
- Democracy Fellow – President’s Office
- Global Trade Watch – General Internship
- Global Trade Watch – Field Organizing Internship
- Global Trade Watch – Legal Research Internship
- Global Access to Medicines – General Internship
- Global Access to Medicines – Legal Patent Internship
- Medicare for All Organizing Internship
- Texas – Environmental Policy and Advocacy Internships
- Texas – Communications Internship
If you have a question or concern you can reach our Director of Human Resources and Administration, Sherry Joseph at HR@citizen.org.