Brand name: Viagra
Public Citizen has been assessing the quality and efficacy of drugs and devices since its founding in 1971. We use the law, petitions, and letters to monitor the FDA and coax the agency into action. Our actions have contributed to many drugs being pulled off the market. Public Citizen has also been instrumental in getting “black box” and other warnings on drugs. Our advocacy work on this drug is available below.
If you are interesting in reading our evaluations of the safety and efficacy of medications as well as information on drug side effects and interactions, please visit WorstPills.org.
More information on sildenafil (Viagra)
- Petition to Require a Black Box Warning for Erectile Dysfunction Drugs Sildenafil (Viagra), Tadalafil (Cialis) and Vardenafil (Levitra) to Warn of the Potential for Irreversible Vision Loss, October 20, 2005
- Letter Urging the Therapeutic Products Program in Canada to Require Warnings on the Label of Sildenafil (Viagra), August 24, 1998
- Letter Urging FDA to Convene an Advisory Committee to Review Problems Related to the Use of Sildenafil (Viagra), August 20, 1998
- Letter Requesting Warnings on Sildenafil (Viagra), August 27, 1998
- Petition to Add Information about Sildenafil’s (Viagra’s) Dangers to the Drug’s Label, July 1, 1998