EPA Workshop- What you can do about power plant pollution
EPA Workshop for Communities with Environmental Justice Concerns on Rule to Reduce Carbon Pollution from Existing Power Plants
(online participation available)
October 30, 2014
8:30 am – 5:00 pm ET
7:30 am – 4 pm CT
Crystal Gateway Marriott
1700 Jefferson Davis Highwayz
Arlington, VA 22202
On June 2, 2014, the Environmental Protection Agency issued the proposed Clean Power Plan (CPP) Proposed rule. This rule proposes state-specific goals for reducing carbon dioxide from the power sector; states will then need to make plans to meet the goal. The proposed rule also promotes clean and renewable energy options. This is a federal rule that will have important implications for state air and energy policies. The EPA welcomes stakeholders who have environmental justice concerns to participate and share perspectives about how the rule can be reflective and responsive to the needs of environmentally overburdened, underserved, and economically distressed communities across the country. Most of us cannot travel to Virginia to attend the workshop, but the EPA will make online participation available and registration information is listed below.
If you are interested in learning how you can help your state achieve cleaner air, reduce the impacts of climate change, and promote renewable energy sources, it is important that you understand the Clean Power Plan. You have an opportunity to help shape this rule…come learn how!
We encourage you to take advantage of this 1-day workshop, which will:
- Provide an overview of the Clean Power Plan proposed rule.
- Prepare participants to engage effectively in the public participation process.
- Provide information about the elements of the CPP that are important to communities with environmental justice concerns.
- Provide information about how to participate in the public comment process, which is open until December 1, 2014
To register for this event in-person or online via Adobe Connect, click here
- If you plan to participate in this workshop online, you must register in order to receive the information to participate in the workshop
- In your registration, you must indicate that you are participating online “via Adobe Connect”
- You will receive the information to participate in the workshop by October 29th, 2014
- Only a limited number of webinar slots are available (130 slots) if several of you from your community want to participate, we recommend you gather at a single location and register just for your group.