WASHINGTON, D.C. – President Donald Trump’s administration may be winding down, but his cruelty, recklessness and cronyism are not. Today Public Citizen unveiled a new web tool tracking some of his most corrupt, norm-breaking, dangerous and unjust actions during the lame duck session.
From attempting to steal the election, to gutting critical regulations that protect the public interest, Trump continues to put himself, big corporations and his cronies over the rest of us – and our democracy. The web tool shows how Trump is:
- Sabotaging the transition of power to the incoming Biden administration;
- Rolling back regulatory protections;
- Dirty dealing to enrich himself, reward allies, punish enemies and burrow loyalists into the executive branch;
- Considering pardons for family and friends;
- Issuing last minute executive orders that harm the public;
- Escalating his war on climate and our environment; and
- Taking cruel and reckless actions that harm our country and regular people.
“As Trump rages and his lackeys rush to confer benefits on cronies, take revenge on political enemies, undermine democratic legitimacy and impose cruelty for cruelty’s sake, the lame duck period is a particularly dangerous time for America,” said Robert Weissman, president of Public Citizen. “The Trump Lame Duck Temper Tantrum web page will help journalists and all Americans track the final, vindictive actions of this hateful administration.”
Trump’s lame duck period has been a crime against humanity.
He’s gone on an execution spree, enacted revenge on enemies, and sabotaged the incoming Biden administration.
We’re tracking the most corrupt actions during Trump’s last grasp for power. https://t.co/DchmqgC4mO
— Public Citizen (@Public_Citizen) December 15, 2020