Make a difference
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The development assistant is a key member of the major gifts team that ensures all procedures run smoothly, donations are properly tracked and acknowledged, and all databases and systems are up to date.
- Batching and coding all major gifts, planned gifts and bequests;
- Managing the Major Gifts Donor Acknowledgement Program;
- Maintaining, standardizing, and mining donor data;
- Reconciling donations each month received through multi-channeled outreach efforts;
- Preparing documentation for the annual audit for major gifts;
- Ensuring donor communications and correspondence are processed and filed;
- Opening and sorting mail, scanning checks; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and desire to work in the fundraising field.
- 0-1 years administrative or office experience.
- Strong commitment to the public interest.
- Excellent communication and solicitation skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and frequent deadlines.
- Level-headed and good judgment; a sense of humor; willingness to learn.
Please send cover letter and resume to Amanda Fleming at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Competitive non-profit salary commensurate with experience; good medical and dental coverage; paid vacation, sick leave and more. This is a part-time position.
Public Citizen is an equal opportunity employer.