Brand name: Victoza
Public Citizen has been assessing the quality and efficacy of drugs and devices since its founding in 1971. We use the law, petitions, and letters to monitor the FDA and coax the agency into action. Our actions have contributed to many drugs being pulled off the market. Public Citizen has also been instrumental in getting “black box” and other warnings on drugs. Our advocacy work on this drug is available below.
If you are interesting in reading our evaluations of the safety and efficacy of medications as well as information on drug side effects and interactions, please visit WorstPills.org.
More Information on liraglutide (Victoza)
- Letter to FDA Opposing Approval of Liraglutide (Victoza) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction, July 18, 2017
- Testimony Before the FDA’s Endocrinologic and Metabolic Drugs Advisory Committee Regarding Liraglutide (Victoza) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction, June 20, 2017
- Testimony before the FDA’s Endocrinologic and Metabolic Drugs Advisory Committee Regarding Liraglutide for Weight Loss, September 11, 2014
- Acute Pancreatitis with Liraglutide, June 5, 2014
- Statement: New Study Underscores Increased Dangers of Certain Diabetes Treatments, March 22, 2013
- Petition to Ban Diabetes Drug Liraglutide (Victoza), April 19, 2012
- Public Citizen poses serious concerns to the FDA about the testing of liraglutide in children, September 15, 2011