Status of TCEQ Sunset Bill (HB 2694)
Yesterday, the Texas House refused to concur in the Senate amendments to HB 2694 – the TCEQ sunset bill. The bill has been sent to Conference Committee and the House has named its conference committee members (conferees). Importantly, no instructions were made to the conferees by the House (in other words no motion was made to make sure that the House conferees support any particular provisions that were in the House-passed version of the bill – many of which were bad for the environment and for the rights of Texas citizens).
The Senate version was significantly better than the bill that came out of the House. Please call the house conferees this week and tell them you want them to pass out the Senate version of the bill as it is, without any of the House amendments. If you live in the district of any of the House conferees, do let them know that you are a constituent when you call.
The House conferees named were:
- Wayne Smith (Chair) of Baytown (District 128) – 512-473-0733
- Dennis Bonnen of Angleton (District 25) – 512-463-0564
- Lon Burnam of Fort Worth (District 90) – 512-463-0740
- Warren Chisum of Pampa (District 88) – 512-463-0556
- Charlie Geren of Fort Worth (District 99) – 512-463-0610