National Environmental Justice Advisory Council (NEJAC) of the EPA will host a public teleconference meeting.
NEJAC Public Teleconference Meeting, March 19
Date: Thursday, March 19, 2015
Time: 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Public comment: From 3:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time
The National Environmental Justice Advisory Council (NEJAC) will host a public teleconference meeting. The primary topics of discussion will be:
- Chemical Safety Policy
- Farmworker Protection Standards
- Definition of Solid Waste Rule
- Refinery Rule
- Clean Power Rule
- Title VI
Pre-registration is required. You can pre-register at http://nejac-teleconference-march2015.eventbrite.com.
- Registration closes at Noon, Eastern Time on Monday, March 16, 2015
- Deadline for public comment period sign-up, is also Noon, Eastern Time on Monday, March 16, 2015
- Please provide your name, organization, city and state, email address, and telephone number for follow up
- Please also state whether you would like to be put on the list to provide public comment, and whether you are submitting written comments before the Monday, March 16, 2015, noon deadline
- Non-English speaking attendees wishing to arrange for a foreign language interpreter may also make appropriate arrangements using the email address or telephone/fax number listed below.
- Members of the public who wish to provide public comment must pre-register by Noon, Eastern Time on Monday, March 16, 2015
- Individuals or groups making remarks during the public comment period will be limited to seven (7) minutes
- To accommodate the number of people who wish to address the NEJAC, only one representative of a particular community, organization, or group will be allowed to speak
- The suggested format for individuals providing public comments is as follows: name of speaker; name of organization/community; city and state; and email address; brief description of the concern, and what you want the NEJAC to advise EPA to do
Written comments can also be submitted for the record:
- Written comments received by Noon Eastern Time on Monday, March 16, 2015, will be included in the materials distributed to the NEJAC prior to the teleconference
- Written comments received after that time will be provided to the NEJAC as time allows
- All written comments should be sent to Jasmin Muriel, EPA, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Read the NEJAC public comment guidelines: http://www.epa.gov/environmentaljustice/resources/publications/nejac/public-comment-guidelines.pdf
For Further Information
Questions or correspondence concerning the teleconference meeting should be directed to Jasmin Muriel by email at email@example.com or telephone at 202-564-4287. Information about the NEJAC is available at: http://www.epa.gov/environmentaljustice/nejac.