Booths will feature products and information on:
• Renewable energy resources; solar, wind, biomass and other resources and services – The Public Citizen booth will offer information on solar energy.
• Smart Grid solutions available to homeowners now
• Green Building and remodeling
• Sustainable transportation solutions
• Tips for improving health and well-being
• Insights on organic gardening and cooking, tree care and soil care
• Climate Change innovation
• Texas water conservation and drought solutions
Over 50 speakers and demonstrations are scheduled throughout the 3 day event. A few are:
• Rainwater Collection: 10,000 Years in the Making
• Combining Wind and Solar Power Systems in the Home
• Backyard Aquaponic Farming: From Small to Large Systems
• Building a High Performance Home- the Balance Between Your Vision & Wallet”
• Electric Vehicles: Creating the Market in Texas
• Creatures that live on Fort Hood
• Easy Solar Cooking
• Cheese Making at Home
• Backyard Chickens
• Do We Need Bees?
Roundup Dates and Times:
• Friday, September 26th, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. – Grand Opening & “Save The Planet? – Kids Are The Answer” Day
• Saturday, September 27th, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
• Sunday, September 28th, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The event opens with information packed “Save The Planet? – Kids are the answer” day. This day is dedicated to nearly 1,000 Bell County area Middle and High School age students with an interest in environmental issues. There will be opportunities to learn about Living and Working In Space, Light Pollution – Saving the Milky Way, the Mysteries of Bee Decimation, Ecofriendly Gadgets, Electric Automobiles and Vermiculture to name just a few of the topics that will be covered. Admission is FREE for ages 18 and under on Friday only. Ages 12 & under are admitted FREE on Saturday & Sunday.
Location: Bell County Expo Center, 301 W Loop 121 (at IH-35), Belton, TX 76513
Cost: Friday, Saturday & Sunday $8. 3-day Pass $20. Military, Senior & Student discounts available.