We must roll up our sleeves to reverse some of the damaging policies enacted over the past eight years. We have a chance to make real change happen. But we need your help.
We’ve have waited so long for an administration that is willing to promote an agenda for people – not corporations. Now, we have the best opportunity in a decade to put government back on the side of the people. Join us in making our “Citizens’ Agenda” a priority in 2009 and beyond so we can:
- Put homeowners ahead of CEOs in the massive Wall Street/auto industry bailout
- Clean up government by breaking ties between lawmakers and big corporate dollars and lobbyists
- Boost wages, ensure import safety and protect the environment by replacing the failed NAFTA/WTO trade model
- Create green jobs and stabilize the economy with clean, sustainable and renewable energy
- Ensure safety of toys, pharmaceuticals and other products
- And more
This is an all-out effort to urge Congress and the administration to focus on these issues. And with the recent reports in the news that no action has been taken to create much needed oversight for the massive $700 billion bailout, our agenda is coming not a moment too soon.
But it won’t be easy. Corporate lobbyists will campaign relentlessly to maintain their strangle hold over government and block our agenda.
Please donate to help ensure we have the resources to fight for you and champion the Citizens’ Agenda this country so desperately needs. We don’t have much time before the new Congress convenes and President-Elect Obama takes office. Your donation of $25, $50, $100, or even a monthly gift will make a big difference in our ability to work for positive and enduring change.
You can also help by encouraging your friends and colleagues to pledge their support.
Together, we can make real change happen.