If you have old medicine taking up your cabinet space, mark Saturday on you calendar for the City of Austin’s “drug take-back day” where residents can anonymously drop off any prescription drugs they want to throw away.
Saturday’s marks the seventh semi-annual “drug take-back day” in Austin and Central Texas. The event is part of a larger effort to help “clean up” the city by making sure prescription drugs are properly and safely disposed keeping them out of our waterways and landfills.
If your community doesn’t have such a program, you may want to ask your local government to consider holding such an event.
Austin Drug Take-Back
Saturday, Oct. 26, 10 am-2pm
- Northeast: Cornerstone Church, 1101 Reinli St.
- Southeast: City of Austin Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 2514 Business Center Drive.
- Barton Creek Square Mall, 2901 S. Capital of Texas Highway.
- South: Austin Vet Center, 2015 South IH-35.
- Northwest: Travis County Transportation Commissioner Center, 8656 SH 71 in West Oak Hill.