Brand name: not available
Public Citizen has been assessing the quality and efficacy of drugs and devices since its founding in 1971. We use the law, petitions, and letters to monitor the FDA and coax the agency into action. Our actions have contributed to many drugs being pulled off the market. Public Citizen has also been instrumental in getting “black box” and other warnings on drugs. Our advocacy work on this drug is available below.
If you are interesting in reading our evaluations of the safety and efficacy of medications as well as information on drug side effects and interactions, please visit WorstPills.org.
More information on tanezumab
- Testimony before the FDA’s Arthritis Advisory Committee and Drug Safety and Risk Management Advisory Committee Regarding Tanezumab for Treatment of Osteoarthritis, March 24, 2021
- Press Statement: FDA Must Reject Tanezumab as a Treatment for Osteoarthritis Due to Unacceptable Dangers, Little to No Benefit, March 23, 2021
- Comments for the FDA’s March 24-25, 2021 Joint Meeting of the Arthritis Advisory Committee and the Drug Safety and Risk Management Advisory Committee Regarding Biologics License Application for the Osteoarthritis Drug Tanezumab, March 10, 2021
- Letter to the FDA Opposing Resumption of Clinical Trials Testing Anti-Nerve Growth Factor Drugs, April 16, 2012
- Testimony before FDA Arthritis Advisory Committee on Anti-Nerve Growth Factor Agents being Developed for Treatment of Chronic Pain, March 12, 2012