Brand name: Veklury
Public Citizen has been assessing the quality and efficacy of drugs and devices since its founding in 1971. We use the law, petitions, and letters to monitor the FDA and coax the agency into action. Our actions have contributed to many drugs being pulled off the market. Public Citizen has also been instrumental in getting “black box” and other warnings on drugs. Our advocacy work on this drug is available below.
If you are interesting in reading our evaluations of the safety and efficacy of medications as well as information on drug side effects and interactions, please visit WorstPills.org.
More Information on remdesivir (Veklury)
- Letter to the FDA Urging the Agency to Promptly Convene an Outside Expert Advisory Panel To Revisit the Decision to Approve Remdesivir for Treatment of COVID-19, April 20, 2021
- Public Citizen Letter Calls on Gilead to Relinquish Priority Review Voucher, November 2, 2020
- Report: States With More Coronavirus Hospitalizations Received Less Remdesivir, September 3, 2020
- Letter to Gilead and Senior Federal Health Officials Calling for Immediate Study of the Antiviral Drug GS-441524 as a Potential Treatment for COVID-19, August 4, 2020
- Press Statement: Gilead’s Remdesivir Price Is Offensive, June 29, 2020
- Letter to Gilead Sciences Regarding the Emergency Use Authorization Granted by the FDA for Remdesivir, May 5, 2020
- Press Statement: Gilead Should Price Remdesivir at $1 Per Day, May 4, 2020
- Press Statement Gilead Must License Remdesivir Patents, Ensure Access, April 29, 2020
- Civil Society Letter to Gilead to Renounce Remdesivir Orphan Drug Claim, March 25, 2020