The ongoing drought, extended high temperatures, and wildfires have increased the importance of state water studies. In light of the study by the State of Texas and the critical nature of our water issues, the League of Women Voters (LWV) Austin is sponsoring a meeting for its members and the public featuring an outstanding panel of water experts to speak on this topic. The panel will address approaches to managing Texas’ very valuable water resources.
Where: Ascension Lutheran Church Family Life Center
6420 Hart Lane, Between 2222 and Far West Blvd., west of Balcones Dr.
The meeting is free and open to the public.
This outstanding panel of speakers, all water professionals, will address water issues inTexas.
- Carolyn Ahrens, Booth Ahrens Werkenthin Attorney – Water Marketing
- David Meesey, Texas Water Development Board Water Planning – The Regional Planning Process
- David Wheelock, LCRA, Manager of Water Supply and Conservation – Surface Water Supply
- John Dupnik, Barton Springs Edwards Aquifer Conservation District – Groundwater Management
- Brian Hunt, Barton Springs Edwards Aquifer Conservation District – Groundwater Management and WaterModeling
You are strongly encouraged to read Facts and Issues: Should Water Be a Commodity? from LWVTX prior to themeeting. Click here to print out a copy.