We are seeking a motivated individual who is passionate about fighting corporate power and corporate influence in politics. The intern will work with the research director of the president’s office and will have the opportunity to learn how to research corporate money in politics and how to track and research corporate crime and wrongdoing.
We seek an intern who is able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week (the schedule is flexible). Currently only unpaid internships are available. Course credit can be arranged.
Key components of the internship are to assist the research director with various tasks, including:
- Being a media watchdog by monitoring daily news for stories about corporate crime and wrongdoing and circulating daily corporate crime clips.
- Researching public policies, campaign finance data and other relevant background information to inform research.
- Updating and maintaining databases to track government enforcement against corporate crime.
- A strong interest in corporate crime and corporate accountability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Comfortable working independently (this is a remote position).
Please send your cover letter, resumé and a brief writing sample to Rick Claypool, Research Director for Public Citizen’s President’s Office, email@example.com.
Public Citizen internships are available year round. Our summer internships are typically full time (40 hours a week for around eight weeks), although we have some flexibility as to hours and weeks. **We accept unpaid internship applications on a rolling basis and currently are accepting applications for paid internships for Spring 2021.**
Public Citizen offers unpaid internships (credit can be arranged) and a small number of paid internships ($15 an hour). To be considered for a paid internship for Spring 2021, candidates must apply by October 23, 2020, and submit materials listed below. Our fall internships are typically full time (40 hours a week for around eight weeks), although we have some flexibility as to hours and weeks. Chosen applicants will be notified by Monday, November 16, 2020.