The fall semester internship position has been filled. We will consider applications again for the spring semester.
We are seeking a motivated individual who is passionate about fighting corporate power and corporate influence in politics. The intern will work with the research director of the president’s office and will have the opportunity to learn how to research corporate money in politics and how to track and research corporate crime and wrongdoing.
We seek an intern who is able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week (the schedule is flexible).
Key components of the internship are to assist the research director with various tasks, including:
- Being a media watchdog by monitoring daily news for stories about corporate crime and wrongdoing and circulating daily corporate crime clips.
- Researching public policies, campaign finance data and other relevant background information to inform research.
- Developing social media content to raise awareness of corporate wrongdoing (and the problem of weak enforcement).
- A strong interest in corporate crime and corporate accountability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word.
- Comfortable working independently (this is a remote position).
Public Citizen offers both unpaid internships (course credit can be arranged) and a small number of paid internships ($15 an hour). To be considered for a paid internship for Fall 2019, candidates must apply by August 15, 2019, and submit the materials listed below. Chosen applicants will be notified by Monday, August 26, 2019.
If you are applying for a paid internship, please also include an essay outlining why you want to intern at Public Citizen and any other information about you that you wish to have considered, including your need for financial support (500 words or less). If you have completed the FAFSA, please also submit a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR).
Please send your cover letter, resumé and a brief writing sample to Rick Claypool, Research Director for Public Citizen’s President’s Office, email@example.com.