Public Citizen Foundation’s Workplace Giving Programs

Workplace giving is a convenient and easy way to make contributions to Public Citizen Foundation. By designating payroll deductions on a regular basis, you provide us with reliable funding while minimizing the impact of a large gift on your paycheck. For example, just $5 a week adds up to a total yearly contribution of $250,and gifts to Public Citizen Foundation are also tax-deductible.

Combined Federal Campaign (CFC): The Combined Federal campaign is the largest workplace giving campaign in the world. The CFC is a great opportunity for Federal employees. Once again, Public Citizen will be an option in your Combined Federal Campaign during 2010. We are listed under the Human & Civil Rights Organizations of America. To designate contributions to Public Citizen Foundation, select organization #11168 from the CFC brochure.

Earth Share of Texas: Earth Share of Texas is an umbrella organization of 70 local, state, national and international nonprofit environmental groups. Employees all across Texas can support Earth Share of Texas and its participating organizations through their payroll deduction plans. If your company does not currently offer Earth Share as an option, contact our Texas office (512-477-1155) to find out how to get your company involved.

State Employee Campaigns: Public Citizen Foundation is currently registered with four state employee campaigns: Maryland, Texas, Virginia and Washington state. We are also listed in United Way of New York City campaign brochure.

Independent Campaigns: Many companies produce manage and produce workplace campaigns on their own, under their own brand. Public Citizen Foundation’s inclusion in many of these campaigns is automatic by virtue of our membership in Human & Civil Rights Organizations of America. Ask your human resources department for a list of participating organizations.

If for some reason you are unable to make workplace contributions to Public Citizen Foundation, please ask your human resources department how your employer can get involved. Or, contact the Public Citizen Member Services Department to find a method of giving that best suits your needs.