In re Petition of Stanley Kutler
- Order Directing Release of Transcript and Related Records (07/29/2011)
- Reply Memorandum in Support of Petition (05/02/2011)
- Declarations in Support of Petition (09/13/2010)
- Memorandum in Support of Petition (09/13/2010)
- Petition for Order Directing Release of Transcript (09/13/2010)
President Nixon was the first President ever to have testified before a grand jury. In this case, we represent historian Stanley Kutler and four associations of historians and archivists petitioning to unseal the transcript of President Nixon's grand jury testimony of June 23-24, 1975, and certain associated materials of the Watergate Special Prosecution Force. The petition is supported by 16 declarations, including declarations from former White House Counsel John Dean III, former Assistant Chief Counsel to the Senate Watergate Committee David Dorsen, former District of Columbia Editor of the Washington Post Barry Sussman, former assistant special prosecutor with the Watergate Special Prosecution Force Richard J. Davis, and several prominent historians. In a July 29, 2011 decision, the district court granted our petition and ordered the material unsealed.