Public Citizen v. Bomer
- Petition for Rehearing (12/06/2001)
- Reply Brief for Appellants Public Citizen, et al. (01/31/2001)
- Opening Brief for Appellants (11/27/2000)
- Appendix in Support of Plaintiffs' Motion for Summary Judgment (05/03/2000)
- Plaintiffs' Motion for Summary Judgment (05/03/2000)
- Complaint for Declaratory and Injunctive Relief (04/03/2000)
The suit seeks a ruling that the Texas system violates the right to due process of law guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution because it does not assure that judges are neutral and that they appear to be neutral. The district court dismissed the case, and we appealed to the Fifth Circuit. The appellate court held that the plaintiffs lacked standing to challenge the system.