Byrd, et al. v. Raines, et al.
- Supreme Court Reply Brief for Appellees (05/21/1997)
- Opening Supreme Court Brief for Appellees (05/09/1997)
- Memorandum and Order (U.S. District Judge Thomas Penfield Jackson) (04/10/1997)
- Plaintiffs' Opposition to Defendants' Alternate Motion for Summary Judgement (03/07/1997)
- Plaintiffs' Memorandum in Opposition to Defendant's Motion to Dismiss (01/27/1997)
- Complaint for Declatory Relief (01/02/1997)
Did the congressmen have Article III standing to challenge the Line Item Veto Act as a violation of the Presentment Clause in Article I?
Alan Morrison of Public Citizen represented the appellee members of Congress. The Supreme Court held that the members of Congress lacked standing to challenge the Line Item Veto.