State Trade Policy Commissions and Oversight Committees
Several states have formed trade policy commissions or legislative oversight committees to explore the impacts of international trade agreements on state sovereignty and regulatory authority.
Commissions may consist of state officials and public citizens, serving as a vehicle for citizens to communicate their concerns to local, state and federal elected officials, as well as the United States Trade Representative (USTR). These bodies often also provide the legislative opportunities to hear from experts on the areas of policy which can be affected by trade agreement rules.
For More Information:
- Maine Citizen Trade Policy Commission
- New Hampshire Citizens Trade Policy Commission
- Utah International Trade Commission
- Vermont Commission on International Trade and State Sovereignty
- Washington Community & Economic Development & Trade [Washington House of Representatives]
- Washington Economic Development Trade & Innovation [Washington State Senate]
- Washington Trade Policy [Joint Legislative Oversight Committee]