Representative Mike Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.)
Ignoring the will of his constituents and the devastating results that the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) has had on his state, Rep. Mike Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.) became a deciding "yes" vote for a six-nation NAFTA expansion called the Central America Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA), which eked through the House of Representatives 217 to 215. Many of Fitzpatrick's constituents were opposed to both trade agreements, as Pennsylvania has lost nearly a quarter of its manufacturing jobs since NAFTA.
PUBLIC CITIZEN NEWS RELEASES
- Dec. 14 - As Government Data Show Another Record Monthly U.S. Trade Deficit and Increasing Manufacturing Job Loss in Philadelphia Region, Reps. Fitzpatrick's and Gerlach's CAFTA Votes Still in Spotlight
- Sep. 14 - CAFTA Damage Report - Freshman Congressman Mike Fitzpatrick Flip-Flops on Commitments to Oppose CAFTA, Providing Vote that Passed the NAFTA Expansion
NEWS ARTICLES ON FITZPATRICK'S BAD CAFTA VOTE AND ITS CONSEQUENCES
- "Report Says Fitzpatrick Rewarded for CAFTA Vote," Bucks County Courier Times, FEbruary 15, 2006.
"Last Minute Deals Put Cafta Over the Top," Wall Street Journal, July 29, 2005.
"Politics and CAFTA," Washington Trade Daily, August 1, 2005.
"Hill Briefs," Congress Daily, August 2, 2005.
"Anti-CAFTA groups suggest inside deals swayed votes," The Hill, August 10, 2005.
"Ginny Schrader is hoping the second time's a charm," Doylestown Patriot, August 11, 2005.
Gerald Pollack, "True Colors," Bucks County Courier Times, August 19, 2005
Joe Tyler, "Paul Lang: A true Democrat who can beat Fitzpatrick," Bucks County Courier Times, August 23, 2005.
PRESS RELEASES IN RESPONSE TO FITZPATRICK'S VOTE
CONTACT REPRESENTATIVE FITZPATRICK, AND LET HIM KNOW THAT HIS VOTE TO EXTEND NAFTA TO SIX MORE COUNTRIES WILL NOT GO UNNOTICED!
- DC Office: 202-225-4276
- Langhorne District Office: 215-752-7711
- Visit Representative Fitzpatrick's website
Call and ask to speak with a Trade Legislative Assistant, and tell them that Representative Fitzpatrick's bad CAFTA vote is not supported by the citizens of Pennsylvania's 8th District!