CAFTA Damage Report: Rep. Jim Gerlach (R-Pa.)
Abandoning a long record of championing smart-growth and pro-conservation land use policies, and snubbing Pennsylvania's working families and small farmers, Rep. Jim Gerlach (R-Pa.-6) became a deciding "yes" vote for the Central America Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA). Constituents in Pennsylvania's 6th District are wondering why Gerlach, whose home state has lost nearly a quarter of its manufacturing jobs since NAFTA, would vote to extend NAFTA to six additional countries.
PUBLIC CITIZEN NEWS RELEASES
- Dec. 14 - As Government Data Show Another Record Monthly U.S. Trade Deficit and Increasing Manufacturing Job Loss in Philadelphia Region, Reps. Fitzpatrick's and Gerlach's CAFTA Votes Still in Spotlight
- Aug. 5 - CAFTA Damage Report - Rep. Jim Gerlach Abandons Environmental Record on Land Use, Pennsylvania's Working Families and Small Farmers to Vote "Yes" on CAFTA
NEWS ARTICLES ON GERLACH'S BAD CAFTA VOTE
PRESS RELEASES IN RESPONSE TO GERLACH'S VOTE
- "Congressman Gerlach Votes for Measure to Outsource U.S. Jobs," Moveon.org, July 27, 2005.
CONTACT REPRESENTATIVE GERLACH, AND LET HIM KNOW THAT HIS VOTE TO EXTEND NAFTA TO SIX MORE COUNTRIES WILL NOT GO UNNOTICED!
- DC Office: 202-225-4315
- Exton District Office: 610-594-1415
- Visit Representative Gerlach's website
Call and ask to speak with a Trade Legislative Assistant, and tell them that Representative Gerlach's bad CAFTA vote is not supported by the citizens of Pennsylvania's 6th District!