Make a difference
Public Citizen Litigation Group is the litigating arm of the non-profit consumer advocacy organization Pubic Citizen Foundation. The Office Manager performs all administrative tasks relating to the functioning of Public Citizen Litigation Group, which includes interacting with administrative staff at Public Citizen and ensuring the smooth operation and maintenance of equipment and procedures within the Litigation Group. The Office Manager is responsible for ensuring the timely completion of all desktop publishing and word processing for the ten-lawyer law firm, in addition to maintaining the Litigation Group website and coordinating its email newsletters.
- Complete various desktop publishing and word processing tasks for office, including proofreading and formatting briefs for the Supreme Court and various other courts.
- Manage and update Litigation Group website, including creating and editing web content, publishing content to the website, and updating layouts and general appearance of all Litigation Group pages.
- Work with attorneys to create and edit email updates to Litigation Group email lists.
- Assist in production, mailing, and delivery of papers to various courts.
- Assist staff attorneys in charge of hiring by advertising employment positions, processing applications, and communicating with applicants.
- Serve as liaison to Accounting Department with regard to billing materials, expense reports, accounts receivable and check requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access. Experience with WordPress preferred. Willingness to learn new computer tools and programs.
- College degree or 2 years of office administrative experience.
- Ability to communicate via phone with people of different backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
The ideal start date is Monday, June 24.
Send a cover letter, resume, and list of references by email to email@example.com. No telephone calls please.
Salary is set by union contract. Benefits include fully paid medical and dental insurance and generous annual leave.
Public Citizen is an equal opportunity employer.