The Development Assistant provides administrative support to the Director of Development and assists with office management, donor correspondence, scheduling, and organizing.
The Development Assistant must be highly motivated, organized, resourceful, enthusiastic, a great communicator and writer, hardworking, and independent, with an interest in development and public interest work.
- Provides clerical support by drafting routine correspondence, filing, faxing and photocopying, meeting planning, etc.
- Assists in sending acknowledgment letters to donors on a weekly basis
- Assists with major projects such as events and mass mailings
- Maintains the Director’s records of expenditure for reimbursement
- Maintains the inventory of letterhead, envelopes, brochures, and other development materials
- Responsible for designing/maintaining systems and procedures that make the development office run effectively.
- Represents Public Citizen at events and meetings to donors and prospects
- Serves as the in-house support staff for the Planned Giving Director
- Runs reports as requested
- Performs data entry and database maintenance work as assigned
- Carries out other Duties as assigned
- Education: College degree.
- Knowledge: An understanding of development/ fundraising operations and the work of Public Citizen.
- Work Experience: 1-2 years of development experience
- Skills: Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and excellent written/ oral communication skills. Proficient use of Microsoft Excel and the ability to learn/ navigate multiple databases.
- Capabilities: Must be very well organized, detail oriented, able to meet deadlines, and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Conditions: Some overtime possible. Strong interest in and commitment to the public interest.
How to apply:
Applicants should direct resumes and cover letters by e-mail to Richard KLoomisatz (email@example.com).