Health Research Group Fellowship
Medical Student/Resident/Fellow/MPH Student
Two-month to one-year fellowship for medical student, resident, fellow or MPH student to monitor the activities of industry, government agencies and Congress regarding specific health issues (medical devices, drugs, health services); produce testimony, reports, and petitions; and increase public awareness about these issues. Some projects are self-initiated in consultation with the Group Director; others are assigned by the Group Director.
- Review, analyze and comment on policies and regulations issued by appropriate government authorities.
- Monitor industry compliance with laws and regulations
- Prepare petitions, testimony, FOIA request, or other work product to submit to the government.
- Serve as specialist on specific health issues. Gather information from scientific and medical literature, the federal government, the news media and other factual sources and organizes this information for easy retrieval.
- Communicate technical information and Health Research Group's position to a wide variety of audiences including press, consumers and technical experts. Write reports on research projects and articles for monthly newsletter.
- Other tasks, as necessary, to develop expertise, maintain professional contacts, monitor developments, and educate consumers in assigned areas.
- Education: Medical student/Resident/Fellow/MPH student
- Knowledge/skills: Research, writing and quantitative experience, including proficiency with computer programs dealing with statistical analysis; public speaking.
- Capabilities: Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Conditions: Strong interest in and commitment to the public interest.
Salary at non-profit levels commensurate with experience. Outstanding benefits package including employer-paid medical and dental coverage and generous leave accruals. Please send resume and appropriate writing samples to: Human Resources, Job No. web-193, Public Citizen, 1600 20th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20009 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please
Public Citizen is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a non-smoking workplace. We urge you to visit our website at www.citizen.org