Stop the Colombia-Korea-Panama FTA Trifecta!
Three NAFTA-style agreements. All negotiated by the Bush administration. Now adopted by the Obama administration. All posing enormous policy and political peril.
Passing the Korea deal would kill U.S. jobs. Even official government studies show it will increase the U.S. trade deficit. Passing the Colombia deal would kill any leverage Colombian union, Afro-Colombian and other community leaders and their U.S. union and civil society friends and allies have to stop the murders, forced displacements and other acts of political violence that dominate life in Colombia. And passing the Panama deal would kill our ability to fight tax havens without risking attack by corporations under new privileges established in the pact.
President Obama campaigned and won on his promises to deliver a fundamental change of course on our trade policy. Instead, we face a situation - an Obama Colombia-Korea-Panama NAFTA expansion - that is equal parts damaging, heartbreaking, infuriating and disgusting. Does anyone even remember that there was supposed to be change we could believe in?
- See how your Representative voted on the Korea, Colombia, and Panama Trade Deals
- View a fact sheet on all three FTAs
- Unfair Trade Deals Becoming Even More Unpopular, U.S. Polling Shows
LETTERS AND STATEMENTS IN OPPOSITION TO ALL 3 FTAS
For even more letters and statements in opposition, check out the individual pages for each FTA.
Members of Congress
- Rep. Braley and Populist Caucus Demand Answers from Obama on Trade Agreements
- Rep. Kucinich Stands with American Workers, Opposes Free Trade Agreements
- Rep. Pallone Opposes Trade Deals - Supports China Currency Reform - Supports Job Training for Displaced American Workers
- Rep. Pascrell Votes Against Pending FTAs During Ways and Means Consideration
- Rep. Sánchez Urges Reforms to US Trade Policy
- Sens. Brown, Casey Outline Rebalancing America's Trade and Globalization Agenda
- AFL-CIO: Letter to the House of Representatives opposing Korea, Colombia, and Panama FTAs
- AFL-CIO: Letter to the Senate opposing Korea, Colombia, and Panama FTAs
- Building Trade Workers: Letter to the House of Representatives opposing the Free Trade Agreements with Korea, Panama and Colombia
- IAMAW: Letter to Congress opposing Korea, Colombia, and Panama FTAs
- IBEW: Letter to Congress Opposing the FTAs with Korea, Colombia and Panama
- NFU: Letter opposing Korea, Colombia, and Panama FTAs
- NFU: President Roger Johnson testifies before Congress on pending FTAs
- SEIU: Letter to Congress Opposing the Free Trade Agreements with Korea, Panama and Colombia
- Teamsters: Statement Strongly Opposing Job Killing Trade Deals
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners: Letter to Congress opposing Korea, Colombia, and Panama FTAs
- USW: Letter Urging Congress to Oppose All Three Free Trade Agreements
- Friends of the Earth: Letter to Congress opposing Korea, Colombia, and Panama FTAs
- GTW: Obama Edges Closer to Political Cliff With Deal to Combine Program to Aid Workers Losing Jobs to Trade With Three Bush-Era NAFTA-Style Trade Pacts Projected to Cause More Job Loss
- LULAC: Resolution to Support a Fair Trade Model and Opposing the Free Trade Agreements with Korea, Panama and Colombia
- Sierra Club: Letter to Congress opposing the Free Trade Agreements with Korea, Colombia, and Panama FTAs