Brand name: Iressa
Public Citizen has been assessing the quality and efficacy of drugs and devices since its founding in 1971. We use the law, petitions, and letters to monitor the FDA and coax the agency into action. Our actions have contributed to many drugs being pulled off the market. Public Citizen has also been instrumental in getting “black box” and other warnings on drugs. Our advocacy work on this drug is available below.
If you are interesting in reading our evaluations of the safety and efficacy of medications as well as information on drug side effects and interactions, please visit WorstPills.org.
More information on gefitinib (Iressa)
- Response from FDA to our successful 2005 petition to ban (Gefitinib) Iressa, May 3, 2012
- Supplement to Petition to Withdraw Lung Cancer Drug Gefitinib (Iressa) From the Market, April 28, 2005
- Petition to Remove Cancer Drug Gefitinib (Iressa) From the Market, March 4, 2005
- Petition to Add a Black Box Warning to Cancer Drug Gefitinib (Iressa), May 15, 2003
- Letter Expressing Concerns About Pending Approval of Cancer Drug Gefitinib (Iressa), May 1, 2003