Brand name: Lotronex
Public Citizen has been assessing the quality and efficacy of drugs and devices since its founding in 1971. We use the law, petitions, and letters to monitor the FDA and coax the agency into action. Our actions have contributed to many drugs being pulled off the market. Public Citizen has also been instrumental in getting “black box” and other warnings on drugs. Our advocacy work on this drug is available below.
If you are interesting in reading our evaluations of the safety and efficacy of medications as well as information on drug side effects and interactions, please visit WorstPills.org.
More Information on Alosetron (Lotronex)
- Testimony to the FDA Drug Safety and Risk Management Advisory Committee on the Restrictions on the Use of Lotronex, July 10, 2013
- Testimony Concerning Alosetron (Lotronex), May 5, 2004
- Press Release: Don't Allow Alosetron (Lotronex) Back on the Market, June 7, 2002
- Testimony Concerning Alosetron (Lotronex), April 23, 2002
- Letter on Dangers of Alosetron (Lotronex), April 18, 2001
- Letter in the Lancet on Alosetron (Lotronex), December 9, 2000
- Letter Updating Alosetron (Lotronex) Petition, October 30, 2000
- Petition to Ban Alosetron (Lotronex), August 31, 2000